At the 2010 WSOP!

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I am through to the final day of the Florida State Poker Championships!


Well, Day 2 has come to a close, and once again I am still alive. After playing from noon to midnight I am exhausted. It was definitely a tough day with pros Tom McEvoy, David "Chino" Rheem, Adam "Roothlus" Levy, The Grinder, Robert Mizrachi, and Hayden Fortinni all falling by the way side. I am also 2-0 on my "prop" bet competition with Gregg "Manimack" Mardirosian going out just outside of the money in 52nd place. He did a great job and played great though. I started the day with only 33,000 chips and was up and down all day. I finally got some cards and even knocked someone out with quad Kings. That never hurts. But once again my cards went dead and I had to play my heart out to keep my chips up to make it to the final 3 tables. Especially now that the antes are 1000 and the blinds are 6,000 and 12,000. We ended the day just after midnight with 19 people remaining. I have a chipstack of about 260,000. I think I am still below the average because some people got knocked out at the end chipping up some big stacks. I am looking forward to going back for the final day 3 and I am going to play my heart out. I played well, and whatever happens I am very proud of myself, even getting some praise from Mike "the mouth" Matusow. So wish me luck, and I will be posting again with my final results at the end of the day. Thanks to all who have supported me through this experience, it has been great! You are all dear and invaluable to me, you know who you are. In the picture, I am straight ahead with Mike Matusow to my left and Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson from the Super Bowl XII Dallas Cowboys. (with the cigar)

2 comments:

  1. The mouth on your left can't be fun. Keeping you honest. Good luck and hope you TID. Congrats on making it deep either way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, but I actually played my best poker of the day with Mike to my left. When he sat down I had 89k, an hour later I had over 320k. He was very nice and even gave me some great pointers.

    ReplyDelete